Ontario tenants rights Ontario tenant law Ontario Residential Tenancies Act Ontario government Poverty research Apartments for rent in Canada Ontario Hydro Search Ontario tenants rights
Ajax apartments for rent

City of Toronto Canada

For anything related to rental housing, moving to Toronto, or homeless shelters please go to the Toronto apartments & Toronto housing, main page, for other community groups, foodbanks, family services and government social services click on Toronto social services, Ontario Works, welfare and community groups, for other government services click on Service Ontario and Service Canada offices, for educations services Toronto schools, colleges, universities and public libraries, or for city recreation, parks, gardens, camping, community centres and events click on Toronto events and attractions or Toronto lawyers & legal aid clinics.

Click the following for Toronto doctors, clinics, hospitals & emergency rooms, or for Toronto Fire Rescue and the Toronto Police

City of Toronto - City Hall

Toronto apartment heat bylaw. If your heat is not maintained at least at 21 degrees Celsius from September 15 to June 1, first complain to your landlord, then you can call the City of Toronto, either your City Councillor or a bylaw inspector, regarding apartment heat by calling 416-338-0338


If you landlord won't do necessary repairs, call the City of Toronto, Municipal Licensing and Standards Department, to have a building inspector sent out. Here is the Frequently Asked Questions and their answers on this topic provided by the city's Municipal Licensing Services Division. To file a complaint call 311, or fill in one of the of the following online forms:

The numbers to call for Toronto tenants (depending on your area) are:

  • Property Standards General Email Inquiries crctier2@toronto.ca
  • Etobicoke York District, 416-394-2550
  • North York District, 416-395-7366
  • Scarborough District, 416-396-4166
  • Toronto and East York District: 416-397-4150
Toronto Apartment Building Audit Investigations,
Municipal Licensing and Standards Division, City of Toronto

TTC - Toronto Transit Commission

Toronto Maps

Toronto Streets, Roads, Parking and Sidewalks

Toronto Utilities

Toronto Garbage Collection Pickup & Recycling Schedule

Houses Garbage & Recycling Curbside collection, for renters in houses and basement apartments.

Multi-unit Residential Garbage Collection information for apartments and condomiums.

Toronto Household Hazardous Waste, for proper disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lamps (as they contain mercury,) pharmaceuticals, paints, solvents, pesticides, etc..

Toronto Litter Hotline call 311, or report it online Litter service request

If there is a rat infestation problem in your area, call Toronto Environmental Health, City of Toronto, at 416-338-7600

Dead wildlife or dead stray animal pickup form

Toronto music
Toronto bookstores
Bee & honey products

Places to visit on the site:
Ontario Tenants homepage         |       Residential Tenancies Act       |     Finding an apartment
Ontario Landlord and Tenant Q&A   |   Housing and poverty reports   |   Other housing links
Tenant rights and social justice     |     Renters muncipal issues     |     Rent Control
Apartment safety & security  | Tenant health: Toxic mould, cockroaches  | Consumer Information
Tenant association organizing   |    Utility costs: Ontario hydro, natural gas   |    Ontario MPP list